Recorded Live at Bucks County Blues Society's Killer Guitar Thriller, Terchon VFW, Edgely, PA, April 28, 2019
1. Slow Train (5:34)
2. Steppin' Out (3:31)
3. My Younger Days / Moanin' for Molasses (6:08)
4. 17 Years (4:26)
5. Heart On a String (4:13)
6. Right Back Atcha (3:54)
7. Every Soul's a Star (3:03)
8. Kiss Me Like You Miss Me (3:34)
9. As The Years Go Passing By (7:58)
10. Don't Let Them Take Your Joy (4:05)
11. All Night Long (8:15)
12. It's All In Your Eyes (3:48)
13. Are You Going Where I'm Coming From (4:02)
14. This Time I'm Gone For Good (8:30)
15. Hot Tamale Baby (6:44)
Total Playing Time: 77:52
The Bucks County Blues Society Spring Fever Footstomper has been an annual event since its first appearance in 1981 with Luther Allison as headliner. The 2019 event was another in an occasional
series “Killer Guitar Thriller” which premiered in 1983 with headliner Matt “Guitar” Murphy.
Acclaimed soul-blues singer/songwriter/guitarist Dave Keller made the long trek from Vermont with his tight and versatile rhythm section of bassist Alex Budney and drummer Jay Gleason. The boisterous audience was treated to a scintillating set that skillfully combined eight diverse songs from artists like Albert King, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Syl Johnson, Candi Staton, Clifton Chenier, and O.V. Wright (one of Keller's major inspirations), with seven originals including four from Every Soul Is a Star, a 2019 Blues Music Award Nominee for Best Soul-Blues Album.
A trio that performs in the soul-blues genre has to lock into an infectious groove early to get the dancers onto the floor and keep them there, as Keller and his cohorts did with energy and exuberance.
This fully live recording captures the raw joy and intensity of that Sunday afternoon's performance. Kick back and listen, and you'll be there too.
– Thomas J. Cullen III, Co-founder & President Bucks County Blues Society/Contributing Editor Blues Music Magazine
released January 31, 2020
Dave Keller: Vocals, Guitar
Alex Budney: Bass
Jay Gleason: Drums
Produced by Dave Keller
Recorded live by Butch Evancho at Bucks County Blues Society's Spring Fever Footstomper, “The Return of the Triple Threat Killer Guitar Thriller”, Terchon VFW, Edgely, PA, April 28, 2019.
Edited and mastered by Lane Gibson at Lane Gibson Recording and Mastering, Charlotte, VT.
Photos by Connie Dee Taylor
Design by Paul Grosso
Special thanks to Tom Cullen, Mikey Junior, Butch Evancho, and BCBS. Love always to Idalee, Havvah, Katie, Zan, Mom, Gregg, and Todd. And a big shoutout to all my friends/fans! Love y'all :)
Dedicated to Soul and Blues Lovers Everywhere
Please support The Blues Foundation (blues.org
) and The Music Maker Relief Foundation (musicmaker.org
1. Slow Train (Dave Keller) Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
2. Steppin' Out (Andrew Hall, Howard Grimes, Earl Randle) Irving Music (BMI)
3. My Younger Days (Sonny Boy Williamson II) Arc Music (BMI) / Moanin' for Molasses (Jody Williams) Hadenfelt Music (BMI)
4. 17 Years (Darryl Carter, Dave Keller) Herine Music Co. (BMI) / Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
5. Heart On a String (George Jackson, Mickey Buckins) Screen Gems-EMI Music (BMI)
6. Right Back Atcha (Dave Keller) Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
7. Every Soul's a Star (Dave Keller) Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
8. Kiss Me Like You Miss Me (Dave Keller) Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
9. As The Years Go Passing By (Deadric Malone) Lion Publishing (BMI)
10. Don't Let Them Take Your Joy (Dave Keller) Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
11. All Night Long (Sam Maghett) Bug Music obo Leric Music Inc. (BMI)
12. It's All In Your Eyes (Dave Keller) Tastee Tone Publishing (BMI)
13. Are You Going Where I'm Coming From (Earl Wright, Deadric Malone) Songs of Universal (BMI)
14. This Time I'm Gone For Good (Deadric Malone, Oscar Lee Perry) MCA Duchess Music Corp. (BMI)
15. Hot Tamale Baby (Clifton Chenier) Flat Town Music (BMI)
p&c 2020 Dave Keller DBA Tastee-Tone Records. All Rights Reserved.